
So, It's my last night in Milano. In celebration of returning to America I bought a dog!!
Ok, not really. But isn't he adorable? It's like Mac PhotoBooth, but with animals.

I found out today that I've been playing a really funny joke on myself over the past 4.5 months. In August I thought it would be a really fun prank if I were to pack two suitcases and then shop like CRAZY over the next semester. Turns out that there is no way in hell I can get all my things home. Oh, hehe, what a fun time. This discovery put me in a really good mood. As you can imagine. Well, I've reached my limit. No Duty Free Cuban cigars, I guess. Because I have NO idea where I'd hide them. Ugh.

So, like I said, this is my last night in Milano. I have no idea where the time went. It feels like only a week ago that I was complaining about having one month left. And now it's nearly done. I've spent the entire day packing and sitting around. I didn't even have any desire to attempt to see the city "one last time". I've seen the Duomo, I've seen the Castle, I went to mass this morning, I've been to Navigli, I can't imagine where I'd go with only one day. So I stayed home. I walked Via Ampere one last time. Went to the GS down the street. Called an ungrateful homeless man an asshole. Ate at the Chinese Pizza Place. I've spent the entire day alone. Everyone is gone. My roommates are out of town. Or out on the town. Hmmm...
I'm not sure what to write about my time here.Who and where I was in August is so different from who and where I am now.
I'm happy. Happier than I have ever been. I'm focused. I'm as optimistic as ever. I have a brand new appreciation for America! But have also fallen in love with a country, a continent, a culture, a language I speak so poorly.
Looking back I cannot begin to wrap my mind around the things I did and saw.
I rode bike in Holland.
I deep water solo'd in Spain.
I crashed a car in Ireland (ha!).
I raved in Hungary.
I romanced in France.
I shopped in Switzerland.
And I saw more of Italy than I could have ever imagined.
But, I guess what I loved the most and what I'll miss the most and what I am most grateful for are the people I encountered here.
There's Chelsea, who was entirely my Italian best friend and ever-enthusiastic travel companion. Lindsay, whose name not a single Italian could pronounce and whose wit always made me laugh. And everyone else in the ISEP program... Jeff and his obnoxious way of teasing my accent, Devon and her bright smile, Allie and her Southern charm. Oh, also Andrew Trees, who wandered with me on week nights from Cadorna to the Navigli and back again.
All of Ryan's roommates who welcomed me into their Via Ampere home. Drew and his sense of humor. Leif and his sweet, unassuming ways. John and his fantastic turkey making skills. Imir... who I really never got to know, but always said "ciao" to me.
The IES kids who, although confused about who I was were still generally open minded about me hanigng out. Ben and Massie and Yash and Dennis who made our excursion to Budapest a complete adventure. Alyssa and Aaron who constantly brought me to question whether or not I was touching my boyfriend enough in public. Grant and his rhymes. Katie and her totally AWESOME bruschetta. Yum.
My Italian roommates and their food and their fast Southern dialect and their constant yelling, haha, they aren't mad just Italian.
And, of course, Ryan.
When feeling grumpy, like tonight, I like to think back to our first meeting at Birreria. Ha! Him making eyes at me from the across the table, touching my knee as we talked about American Studies at Georgetown. And wondering in the morning if I had spelled his last name correctly in my phone. "Gofus?" haha. I won't expand anymore on this first meeting, but if you want to know, ask Ryan, he has no qualms explaining the situation to perfect strangers. Ugh.
I ordered Pulpa (mystery fish) on our first date and I guess it was all up-hill from there.
Our romantic weekend in Paris, our Italian travels, or movie nights, the Loft.
He has certainly proven to be one of the better parts of my study abroad experience.
One of the better parts of anything relating to me, in general.
Only 25 days until I visit him in DC!?!?! Woot Woot.
So, this is the end of an era. I guess. But, I am totally STOKED for the rest of my life. And, you know, studying in Italy has been great, but I think returning to reality may be better. Hmm...Here's to 4.5 months in Italy. Living la dolce vita. Eating too many carbs. Drinking too much wine... and other alcoholic beverages. Meeting amazing people. Seeing incredible places. Falling in love. Etc.
Hi-Yah! Italy!
I'll see you soon. I know it.
Ciao, Ciao!

8 comments:
a quick recommendation for surviving withdrawls from spending lots of time in magical foreign places:
rent movies. lots of them.
paris je't aime and amelie helped me through the first week of being home and wishing i was in paris. maybe a couple italian films could do the same for you.
merry christmas!!!
Hi therе, i reаԁ уour blog ocсasionally аnd
i oωn a similаr one anԁ i wаs just wonderіng if you get a lot оf sρam feedbаck?
If so how do you reducе it, any ρlugin or anуthing уou can
reсommenԁ? I get so much lаtеly іt's driving me crazy so any assistance is very much appreciated.
Feel free to visit my homepage altec bucket truck
Here is my website bucket trucks for sale
Ӏ am regular reader, how агe you everyboԁy?
This pіece of writing poѕted at thiѕ website іs genuinely рleasant.
Feel frеe to surf tο my blog: bucket trucks
Also see my site :: bucket truck
What a іnformatіon οf un-ambiguitу аnd
preѕеrνeneѕs οf pгeсiоuѕ experience οn thе topic
of unpredictеԁ feelіngs.
my blоg - taxicab irving tx
Hеllο to all, beсause Ι am actually
keen of reaԁing this wеb ѕite's post to be updated on a regular basis. It consists of pleasant information.
Here is my web site roofers norman
Μу brotheг recommеndeԁ I mіght likе thіs blοg.
Hе waѕ entiгеlу right.
Τhіs post truly madе mу ԁay.
You сan not imagine just how muсh time Ι had ѕρent for this
info! Thanks!
Ϻy weblog ... Roofing Okc
Mу ѕpοuse аnd ӏ stumbled oveг hеre coming from a differеnt web address and
thought I mіght as well cheсk things
out. I like ωhаt I see so now i am fоllowing you.
Look foгward to checking out your wеb pаge for
a sеcond timе.
Here iѕ my homepаge ... http://www.dallasseospecialists.com
Keep a food items diary during your weight damage journey. Listing your food consumption and once will help you see when there is a style and how you can alter it to improve assistance with weight loss. The record will even hold you accountable as to what you will be getting in your body. [url=http://www.ss12w12ws.info]Philan4335d[/url]
Post a Comment