And because I'm so clever and funny (according to me), I thought I'd paste it here:
Dear Ryan,
In case you didn't know, in case it hasn't been blatantly evident in my everyday speech, I have been working tirelessly to foster the growth of my ever expanding vocabulary.
I can often be found curled up with the New York Times Sunday crossword, the "-some famous author's largest novel-"
Merriam-Webster; those are two men who have never let me down. Each and everyday they email me new and exciting words to add to my already full-to-the-point-of-bursting book of vocab words (i.e. my brain).
Usually they email me words that I find useful. Such as xanadu (an idyllic, exotic, or luxurious place) or my most recent personal fave, oldster (an old or elderly person) (srsly, word of the day on 31 July).
But today, Merriam-Webster made me feel that my over use of words like "shit" and "shitty" is totally justified, considering M-W INSISTS on sending me completely pointless words that I will NEVER use.
Today's word was: Umami, which means a taste sensation that is meaty or savory and is produced by several amino acids and nucleotides (as glutamate and aspartate).
WHAT THE HELL, MERRIAM-WEBSTER, you bitch!
Honestly?
Honestly?
Umami?
I am going to over use that word JUST to spite them.
Starting... NOW.
Well, I should really umami out of here. This email is getting really umami. Ok. Have an umami night. I'll umami you tomorrow, if you know what I mean.
Love.
Annie.
ps. I think I might blog this, is that umami to your privacy?
If so, I'm umami.
In other, less humorous-for-myself news:
1. It is still raining in Milano. What the hell, Milano?
2. I have been listening to what is verging on becoming too much NPR.
3. I leave for Budapest tomorrow.
4. Now my comments on the Presidential Election:
So, it was my pet peeve, for the past 8 years, when people would whine about politics without having any basic understand of the country they were generously hating on. I want everyone to have an opinion, even baseless opinions are ok at times, but there comes a point when I need to say, "Really? Really? Do you really understand?"
While the man I believe to be best suited for this job wasn't elected, I am enthusiastic about Sen. B. Obama being our next President. I am excited to see what the next four years will hold for this country that I love, that I call home.
I'm making a New... November resolution to do my best to educate myself in the coming years.
On my country in general, politics, policies, presidents.
The Three P's... if you will.
And I promise, if I complain, it will be with foundation.
Not that I am looking to complain.
Once again, I'm optimistic.
*La sigh... not a single awkwardly Libertarian thing said....
RONPAUL!?!?!?!?!?
jk.
but srsly.
Love.
Anni.

No comments:
Post a Comment