Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

04 November 2008

I'm a Lady.

... And it just so happens that I'm sighing because I'm happy.

I woke up this morning and decided I'd love to spend the day dressed as I imagine a Senator's wife would. So, I channeled Cindy McCain: Gray slacks, baby blue button-up, dark blue sweater, two strands of pearls, black toggle button coat, purple suede purse, red loafers.
I let my hips lead as I glided to class.
Smiling at the umbrella vendors.
Striking up a charming conversation with a Southern fella'.
Glad to see him between classes.

Being happy is refreshing.

I'm not even annoyed with the rain. With burned bridges. With awkward conversations.

*La sigh.

Four points of interest:

1. Today, while grocery shopping, I was assaulted by a pigeon. Twice. INSIDE the grocery store. GROSS. BIRD FLU. Fo' sure.

My change at the till was supposed to be 4,98. The cashier ROUNDED UP!?!?! He gave me 5 euro!!! They usually round down.

It's my lucky day.

2. I JUST registered for my last semester of college. Seven classes. Five of those are 100-level. Ha. I am going to scam on sooooo many Freshmen boys, you have no idea.

3. Ryan and I are going to EuroDisney!!!
Me, being a roller coaster virgin, am stoked to be a thrill-seeking hussy during my Sunday spent at the happiest place in Europe.
I also plan on eating like 50+ Mickey Mouse shaped pancakes, and will try not to recall the EuroDisney scene from Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six.
... oh, and Paris should also be ok.

4. I'm going to the Consulate tonight to watch the election.
This may or may not be interesting...


I have been feeling inspired lately.
Am not ashamed of my constant planning.
Continue to daydream about the fall of 2009.
And am trying my hardest to slow the time between now and home in December.

fyi.


Ciao.

No comments: