Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

21 January 2009

Reagan International.

A List of Things I Learned While Visiting Ryan

1. Reagan International is very confusing, especially when your boyfriend has a tendency to get lost.

2. People from the East Coast don't have accents, I have an accent. According to them, I guess.

3. I am the first person from North Dakota that many, many, many people have met. I hope I am repping my state well.

4. Boys who row LOVE spandex... and eachother.

5. Pres. Obama is a god to way too many people, weird.

6. 30 degrees is cold in The District, cold enough for a five block taxi cab.

7. If it has a soft-top, it's probably not meant for winter driving.

8. The Hill School isn't LIKE Hogwarts, it IS Hogwarts.

9. The Gofus family eats delicious food.

10. If your homestate has a pro-football team, you support it without question.

11. Standard Size poodles look a little like llamas.

12. Train travel is a lot more popular than I would have guessed.

13. My boyfriend was once a 10 year old aristic prodegy.

14. Taxis are hard to come by the night before Presidental Inaugurations.

15. I can be terribly awesome at trashy college beer drinking games when trying to impress.

16. Blah blah finance blah portfolio blah blah blah corporate banking blah blah I am New York.

17. People at Georgetown really have this thing about The School of Foreign Service, errr, whatever it's called.

18. Philadelphia looks pretty at night. I guess I haven't seen it in the daylight. hmm.

19. Breakfast is a bonding experience.

20. Taylor Swift + Wyndcroft = bragging rights.

21. Being from North Dakota def def def makes me minority among Ryan's Georgetown friends.

22. Chokecherry is an exotic fruit in PA.

23. The Wawa is a religious experience for Hunter Gofus.

24. Ryan is really good at catching cabs.

25. DC + PA are rather different than ND, of course.

26. Investing your $$ is risky business. Maybe that busy signal is a sign from God to stop calling your financial advisor and put that $$ into a nice, safe CD.

27. Saying Ciao Ciao is hard.





The best part of my entire extended weekend was the chance to see where Ryan is from. To meet his ENTIRE family, hang out in his house, visit his high school, chat with old teachers, meet best friends.
I couldn't have been happier this weekend.


In other news:

I have moved to Fargo and have been here for exactly one week and four days.
ARGH!!!
This place makes my brain melt. I am NOT digging it.
But, very few weeks (and even less months) stand between now and me graduating. Which is good to know.
So, I've decided to apply to jobs for NPR in Iraq.
Ha.
You think I'm kidding...


ok ok ok.
I have school and things. Blah.


Sincerely,
Me

No comments: