I have spent the last two hours reading a blog dedicated to tracing the goings-ons at Ivy League Schools.
And not like technical, legit stuff (not that it would make what I have been doing any better), no, it's like juicy gossip.
I have been reading the tabloid of Ivy Leagues.
ARGH!
I am such a loser.
But it was sooooo interesting. The things some of those students do. The things that happen on campus. The ways in which money influences their student body elections.
Riveting.
I think this may or may not be the beginning of my obsession to live my life through my children. Like a beauty pageant mom, but with colleges.
You know, like, Pressuring my kids until they rewrite that admissions essay for Yale for the 12th time, just so I can wear my navy blue Polo sweater to The Game and verbally harass Harvard fans in the parking lot.
I think my severe dislike for Winter '09 is driving me to dream endlessly about my escape from the tundra. This winter is driving me insane.
I'll blame the winter.
If my brain wasn't frozen solid I never would have read three related articles on Harvard's student body election.
And then watched a soap opera about life at Cornell.
Or maybe it has nothing to do with the winter and everything to do with the fact that if I had known everything that came along with going to an Ivy I would have studied harder in high school, making me a shoe-in at Princeton, leading to a successful career as a trophy wife, helicopter mom, and million dollar philanthropist.
Because who doesn't want to be profiled on IvyGate?
In other news:
This weekend had the potential to suck, and now it doesn't anymore. Yay, me and Ryan!
Also, I waited 45 minutes to get one sushi roll to go tonight at Yuki Hana's. Boo, them.
I think I am rewriting my Lenten promise. I now promise Lent that I will update my blog more often and stop writing dumb stuff about Ivy League schools and how much I dislike my own school almost all the time.
ok.
LOVE!

No comments:
Post a Comment