Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

10 February 2009

You Win, Facebook!

Recently, there has been a Facebook epidemic. 
All these 25 things lists. ALL OVER THE FB.
I keep reading about secrets and unknown facts. Leading me to say things like, "no way", "really?", and "oh my gosh!" Laughter is also mingled with phrases of surprise. 
Well, I've decided to not avoid it any longer. 
I'm caving. 
I've written my list.
So, READ IT!!!!!
ok. thanks. 

Annie a-z.
 
a. After my best friends told me not to, I still got a chemical peel. It hurt. A lot. And I peeled for over a week. Moral of the Story: Always listen to Mamie and Amanda.

b. In junior high I was obsessive about making lists of everything I had ever owned and then ripping apart the house until I found said items. It got so bad that my mom threatened to send me a shrink. I stopped. But I still feel anxiety over lost items.

c. I am allergic to bananas, yet still manage to eat banana bread when my grandma bakes it.

d. There is a girl in the Fargo/Moorhead area who I want to punch in the faccia, and if I happen to see her before May, I think I might.

e. If I could take photos while climbing and skiing forever, and then blogging about it every night... I would.

f. I have been writing a journal since 2nd grade. I have them all saved in a box. And, to be honest, they are hilarious. 

g. In retrospect, I was really mean to boys in high school. oops.

h. If I could have ANY super power it would be to teleport. Being able to say goodnight to Ryan every night without the help of ichat would be amazing. 

i. I was a literature major for 3.5 years, and I can probably count the number of novels I completed in their entirety on both hands. Oops, once again.

j. My first kiss was at the International Music Camp. I kissed a really cute Canadian percussion player who all the girls stated was cute the first day of camp. SCORE!

k. My two semesters in Indiana were the most liberating 9 months of my life. And the friends I made there (especially Sandy Dunwoody) I can always trust to never be critical of me. 

l. Poetry is obnoxious. And it annoys me that poets think they are hot shit since their writing is impossible to understand. It's not deep, it's bad. fyi. This excludes lyrics & music, I enjoy that stuff. This statement is void if Ryan ever decides he's a poet. 

m. Being rejected TWICE and wait-listed once at my top choice university was extremely disappointing. And inspired me to write an unnecessary letter demanding I be taken off their dumb wait-list when I was accepted to a far superior university. TAKE THAT!!

n. Cathedral/St. Mary's moms always freaked me out. But I am excited to someday be a better dressed version with my kids in better schools.

o. I am not particularly ticklish, but when I am being tickled I feel as if I am dying. A slow, painful death.

p. In high school I was a competitive story-teller. I consistently made finals, but never placed higher than 4th place.

q. When I was 17 I played bass in a band. I quit because the band was terrible. Upon leaving, the band changed its name to "Worthless Ann". I continue, to this day, to meet people who say, "Ann? Ann Erling? Oh! Worthless Ann!!"

r. I am absolutely terrified of zombies.

s. Although conservative, I may or may not fictionally vote for the fictional President Bartlett. 

t. My favorite morning of any trip I have ever taken was the morning when Chelsea Baker and I were in  Ireland and we crashed our rental car. The first 5 minutes were terrible. And then everything became increasingly humorous. Even after nearly being hit by two cars. I tried unsuccessfully to flirt with the garage owner's 18 year old son. We mugged for photos near our broken car. And ate the best packaged scones I have ever put in my mouth. 

u. The most romantic things anyone has ever done for me are the several times that Ryan Gofus navigated through foreign cities to find my tourist destinations of choice:
Oscar Wilde's Tomb in Paris. (which took A LONG time)
Saint Dominic Savio's grave in Torino. (which involved MANY miles of walking)
My purse in Florence. (which took some "slick" negotiating) 

v. I believe my wanderlust is a disease. And I sometimes fear that I will never be cured of it.

w. I LOVE milk. And eggs. And spicy food.

x. I love clothes. I look at photos of every season's designer runway shows at every Fashion Week (well, NY, Milan, Paris, and London). But the truth is, even if I could afford it, I know I wouldn't ever spend THAT much $$ on a shirt. 

y. I have never really had a type (except, maybe Alpha Males are my type, hmm), like, I've never looked for certain hair colors or body types in men. Actions and personalities attract me initially, all the boyish good looks and chiseled facial features are perks.

z. I really like watching movie trailers. I think they are ingenious. Like cute little mini movies.

No comments: