The summer before my freshmen year of high school, I bought an Abercrombie and Fitch shirt at the Mall of America.
I did this for two reasons: The hott guy bag, and popularity.
I wore it the second day of school, and managed to get charcoal all over my chest (transfered from art on notebooks to my boobs, hott.)
This was the second most embarrassing thing that ever happened to me in high school, well, maybe third, and you'd think that after seven years I'd have learned... But I haven't, and it is getting even more expensive.
Although I no longer wear Abercrombie and Fitch (I blame them for the death of my favorite author, Ernest Hemingway.), I'm still that girl who wants what you have.
But, I don't want it BECAUSE you have it. I want it because it's awesome.
I want to live where you live, because I'm getting bored.
I want the phone you have, because I dropped mine in water.
I want to go to school where you do, because I never liked the school I attend.
I want the job you have, because I'd love the experience.
I'm happy. Pinky swear. I'm just never satisfied. I'm leaving for Italy in 3o days and while super stoked on the move, I'm imaging bigger and better adventures.
Day Dream Believer.
So, instead, I'll upgrade my phone plan, make Thai food, apply for a semester at sea, spend the summer of 2009 somewhere spectacular.
Mystic Seaport? Connecticut? I'll see you in the spring.
xoxo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
this sums up a lot of how i've been feeling lately. well, minus the whole italy thing.
Post a Comment