I may or may not have found an apartment to in live during my five-ish months in Italy.
I'd have my own room, my own bathroom, the dood who is renting it out is never home, there is a view of mountains, and it is only 200 euro/month. Which is AWESOME compared to the $1000-some-odd-dollars Milan International Living wanted me to pay for a double room and public toilet (assholes).
BUT... this wonderful awesome amazing apartment is 30-50 minutes away from the city center (where my uni is). Ugh.
So, I've got some thinking to do.
Now, on to more pressing matters:
Recently, in the Steele, NoDak newspaper, I read an article about two girls who raised a thousand or so dollars for girls who had been assaulted in NoDak, whether that be sexually or otherwise.
While this may seem all good and nice, wait to hear what they did with much of this money...
They went sky diving.
What the hell. It's called like the "Non-Tolerance for Assault on Women, even at 2 Miles High" Club or some shit. Money was raised in honor of three young college women who have been murdered in NoDak in the past 8 years. These two girls then took the money they raised and went sky diving, saying, "We aren't ok with girls being killed, not even while we're 2 miles above the earth!"
This is all great on three separate fronts:
1. It's awesome that they are NOT ok with girls being killed.
2. It's great they raised money for this cause.
3. Good for them that they are down with sky diving.
But... combined?
This has to be illegal.
Can I raise money in honor of starving children in Africa then say, "I will NOT tolerate starving children, not even while catching rays in Hawaii!"
I say, "bullshit." Do something worth while with that money.
ugh.
What is the point of raising the money if it will gain nothing, and will only be drained into sky diving, which is a 15 minute plane ride, then a 30 second free fall?
I think sky diving is wasteful to start with.
But is one million times more wasteful if you are labeling it with some sort of cause and then doing it for "charity".
It is making NO statement.
I've been feeling angsty lately, so I want to punch these girls.
On a lighter note:
Sleepy Hollow's performance of "High School Musical" seriously made me uncomfortable.
The leads acted like they were brother and sister who landed the parts of boyfriend and girlfriend and then had to act like they had a sexual attraction to one another; which didn't translate well.
The lead dood was good looking, but just ok at singing and the leading lady had a great voice but was so bland that I wondered how she even had the energy to audition for the role in the first place.
Besides these two duds, the guy and girl who played Sharpay and Ryan (on stage brother and sister) were AWESOME. I'm not one to pick up on chemistry, but they had it. You could tell they loved what they were doing, they were funny, and took their bitchy, divi, theater snot roles to this extreme that just blew the entire audience away.
ugh, they were great.
Everything else was... not good, but not bad either.
o'well. It was free. Thanks, Lisa.
26 days until Italy.
Hoorah!
xoxo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I still think the Italodude sounds sketch. He's probably just looking to axemurder you.
Sleepy hollow? is that seriously the name of a school in ND?
That's very sad about those girls, both those who've lost their lives as well as the reckless spending. I strongly disapprove.
Post a Comment