I have been wondering lately about God's thoughts on:
1. woodticks.
2. humidity.
3. college tuition.
I guess I'll leave it at that.
So, I've been browsing the Princeton Review's newly released list of college rankings, and am slightly amused/freaked out.
Indiana University, my school of old, was ranked #18 in Best College Newspaper. I am proud of this top 20 ranking, not only because my old roomie is a copy editor there, not only because I think the IDS was an awesome daily read, but also because newspapers can be both academically and culturally important.
The other 3 did not impress me as much...
IUB was also ranked #19 in the "Lots of Beer" category, #8 in the "Lots of Hard Liquor" category, and #14 in the "Party School" category.
Indiana University is one of the top 100 schools in the nation. It has dozens of undergrad programs that are top 20s. And just as many grad programs that are top 10s.
So why, why, why does it seem that IU is known merely for its party rep?
Ugh.
One my co-workers just said, "I'm sure IU isn't complaining. It gives them national recognition. Rankings, even party rankings raise numbers of applicants."
yea yea yea.
How did the Princeton Review even go about deciding what school was #1 for LOTS - o - BEER?
What a bunch of dummies.
They also have a Birkenstock-Wearing, Tree-Hugging, Clove-Smoking Vegetarians category.
So, this list is good for high school kids choosing a school based on their shoe wear and amount of beer they drink, cloves they smoke.
I say STUPID, Princeton Review.
If you really want to know what your school is ranked, visit: http://www.collegeaffordability.net/Forbes_CCAP.pdf
It's the Center for College Affordability and Productivity. They take into account the students' thought on the school and how well the students do after. They don't look so much into the ingredients (professors, campus, parties, etc), they review the "meal", what comes after college.
This is like the dumbest dumb post I have ever posted, but the Princeton Review is even more Dumb.
ha.
I killed two clay pigeons last night.
Just call me Annie Oakley.
Thanks.
xoxo.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment