Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

18 April 2009

The Bad Guy.

Because this is what Facebook is for:

This little tidbit was pointed out to me earlier today:

Molly Punderson is happy for the existence that is happy hour! wahoo $1 margaritas!

Now for a quick story.

On the day before my half birthday, which also happened to be Rob's actual birthday, I met Mamie & Co. and Rob for drinks and supper at Juano's Latin Bar in Moorhead.
After getting comfortable with a delicious burrito and pina colada Kelsey, Mamie's roommate, said that some girl was staring at her. Mamie inspected and then said to me, "Isn't that Molly?"

Weird, textured skin? check. Processed hair? check. Awkwardly short, troll-like body? check.
It was Molly.

Argh.

Now, I had once thought about what I would say if I ever saw her. Most of it went along the lines of me being glad she had taken a prepubescent boy-girl off my hands, because little did I know that I was indeed dating a little girl.
Sometimes it was insulting things. Like pointing out how everyone knew her hair wasn't actually that color.
Mostly it was about how happy I am now. How bright my east coast bound future is. And full details of my amazing boyfriend: Did I mention he goes to Georgetown?

But when I looked over my shoulder and made eye contact with this creature who had hurt me so badly one night in October, I just smiled.
She was a deer in the head lights. All alone at the bar. Clearly aware of who was seated with a group of clearly attractive friends clearly having an amazing time. She looked scared. So she pretended to make phone calls, lurked in the doorway for a while, and then she left.

Looking back, I'm glad I didn't say anything.

I'm happy. I'm above insulting someone I don't even know anymore. I'm a lady. I have beautiful friends and an amazing boyfriend and an awesome future (and present!) and I don't need to explain this to anyone. Especially not her.

So, she left. Without a drink. Her tail between her legs.
Which makes me laugh, because according to my Facebook sources, she was stoked to get her drink on.

In other news... I'm tired & bored.





No comments: