I'm just going to come right out and say it;
NDSU' COMM 110 requirement is total Bul... Nonsense. COMM 110 is total nonsense.
Because, seriously?
The only thing I've learned in this class is that mobile phone touch screens can irritate nickle allergies, and that was from a student speech. The class content is total garbage.
Sure, public speaking is important for a student's future work place, but I honestly think this is something you're either good at or you're not. And docking me 30% on my outline because I failed to use freakin' "SIGN POSTS" is NOT going to improve my future presentation giving ability.
What I am the MOST annoyed about is the instructor. She is a grad student on the war path. It's like she lives to make us miserable, and demands we indulge her every whim. The ENTIRE class/grading is based on what the instructor likes or dislikes.
What the Syllabus should look like:
COMM 110 Spring 2009
Instructor LIKES being sarcastic ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME, ALL THE TIME, NO REST.
Instructor DOES NOT LIKE anything YOU want to speak about, and if you speak about this and even if the speech is good the Instructor will dock you merely because it did not suit the Instructor's fancy.
Instructor LIKES eye contact.
TOO MUCH EYE CONTACT, 10 pts subtracted!!!??! (srsly)
Instructor DISLIKES looking at you when you speak.
Instructor LIKES to pretend she was looking at you when really she was too busy writing nasty things about you on your grade sheet to notice that you were even speaking.
Instructor LIKES herself.
Instructor DISLIKE Annie.
Instructor DISLIKES being rational.
Instructor LIKES giving poor grades.
It's like when I was in junior high and I used to help teachers grade tests and I would get a thrill when a test had LOTS of red all over it. Evil, I know. But I have since grown and can now rejoice when others succeed.
My COMM 110 instructor on the other hand seems to get a rush off delivering bad news, writing commentary on how bad our speeches were, and giving me nonverbal answers to serious questions, for example when today I asked her if I could hand something in late she just gravely shook her head, and when I asked if it affected my grade she gravely nodded, and when I asked if it affected it A LOT she turned bright head and gravely nodded again.
I'm simply annoyed.
I am a great public speaker! I'm funny and informative and captivating and I am NOT boring and I'm cute and nice.
It doesn't matter what grade I get in this DUMB class, because I'm leaving NDSU a wonderful public speaker even if you end up giving me a C!!!! Which I do NOT deserve.
Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
OK, I feel better.
*la sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment