Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

14 April 2009

Looking Forward.

It's that time of year when the only things getting you by is the thought of school ending and the snow melting. Hopefully not in that order, but who knows in North Dakota.

I returned yesterday from an eventful Easter Holiday in Washington DC/Pennsylvania.

After suffering a slight breakdown over job search related stress, I walked five miles from the Hart Senate Building back to Georgetown, making a short stop at the National Gallery of Art.
I'm going to mention that this entire morning was preceded by me chatting up two heavyweight rowers at Booey's. And, they were nice. Contrary to popular Light Weight belief. And, no, I did not mention I was dating a Light Weight. I said I was CHATTING THEM UP, duh.

Speaking of rowers...

The next day I watched the Georgetown Light Weight Crew Team battle Navy on the Potomac.
Not really as exciting as it sounds. Maybe battle was the wrong verb to use.
It rained like crazy, freezing my under-dressed self.
Also moistening my Booey's breakfast. Annoying.
I got really excited when the Varsity boat almost won... but then Navy did this thing where all the rowers transform into robots and, well, you know what robots do.
A freshmen boat won, which was nice considering my sister is certain that she'll marry one of those rowers. I then met this certain rower's parents, and his dog. Little does he know...

JOB IDEA: Launch Driver for GU Crew.
JOB BENEFITS: Checkin' out hott rowers daily, controlling a boat, getting to know Evans.
I'll look into it.

After the race we:

1. Drank and Ate at The Tombs in celebration of the Carey Brothers defeating their "Barely Legal Status" and entering the world of Of-Age-Drinking.
2. Talked Socialized Medicine with a doctor, which always interests me.
3. Packed in a hurry, and in the process forgot MORE things at Ryan's. Like usual.
4. Ate MORE food at Tevis's backyard BBQ.
5. Met MORE parents of my dear rowing friends.
6. Teamed up with Mrs. Martin to battle the Currans at Beer Pong.
7. Missed our train.

But, we made it to Pottstown, yay!

My first Easter with the Gofuses was wonderful.
I cannot stress enough that the food I consume while in Pottstown is always amazing. And Easter dinner did not disappoint.
Ryan then took Topanga's top off (his car, duh!) and took me on a romantic drive.

The rest of the weekend was a little stressful, but I made it home safe and officially miss my boyfriend and his familia.

*la sigh.

Only 3 more goodbyes and I'm out there for good. Cannot wait.

I am done going to DC for the season. The next time I see Ryan it'll be in North Dakota!?!?
I am so excited to show him my home state and all the wonderful things we have to offer. I only hope Ryan brings some awesome gifts to NoDak with him. Like fire and the wheel and maybe even the internet!?!? My friends and family will be so IMPRESSED!?!?

Until then, I have thesis and papers and exams and speeches and various other forms of nonsense.

But, like I said, I'm looking forward. One more month

Ciao Ciao.

No comments: