
I just wanted to let ya'll know that my blog now has a theme. Yes, a theme. Today was my last day of undergraduate study EVER, so I feel it necessary to announce that my blog will now trace my journey into the REAL WORLD. Blog theme is now ADULTHOOD. Awesome, right?
But don't worry, I'm still awesome, just more educated... hopefully.
I'll start from the beginning:
I'm graduating next week and it is my goal to find a job hopefully somewhat relating to history, Museums, archives, libraries, historic preservation, historic architecture, art, writing, etc.
I'm flexible.
I'm aiming for the east coast here. I'm thinking Washington, DC, but have recently extended my search to Philadelphia and am contemplating Baltimore... but that place freaks me out when I see it from the train. So, probs not.
I am somewhat familiar with the Washington, DC area, so when I've researched housing there I've always had a good idea what's safe, where neighborhoods are, what they're like.
I have NO ideas about Philly.
So, I JUST performed a crime rate google search and discovered some terrifying Real World facts. Check it out:
I have a 1 in 1027 chance of becoming a victim in North Dakota.
That's pretty safe.

In DC I have a 1 in 75 chance of becoming a victim.

In Philly I have a 1 in 73 chance of becoming a victim.

The numbers are lookin' so good.
Of course you'll understand that I'm nervous. It seems to me that no where but North Dakota is safe. Not only is there air pollution and traffic, but also a very good chance that you'll be mugged, shot, or sexually assaulted.
Maybe fearing for my life daily is that spice I've been looking for. It might also add excitement to blog entries.
Either way, I hope to be on the East Coast by Christmas.
fyi.

No comments:
Post a Comment