The more I want a job, the longer I put off applying for it.
Ryan discovered this fabulous website the other night that lists PURELY historic preservation jobs. How perfect!? I found like 10 that I'd streak down Broadway for. And I now have ALL night to write coverletters and send resumes and I cannot bring myself to get started.
I'd rather streak than write coverletters.
Cover Letters are just awful. They need to be perfect and completely represent me and sell how totally awesome I am. If I could depend solely on my resume and my girlish goodlooks, I'd be golden. But, alas. Cover letters seem to be important.
I just hate them. So, I'll put off writing them.
Instead I'll probably end up like this guy:
This guy has probably never written a coverletter and yet he looks perfectly happy... and covered in blood. Maybe this is my destiny and I'm challenging fate by applying for jobs at Museums and Historic Sites. Maybe I'm supposed to be a prairie butcher, breathing life into a dying meat market in small-town, North Dakota.... Or maybe I should just stop being such a pansy and sit down and write a cover letter.
Society is making me do this, I'll have you know.
And I'm caving into society's pressure... starting now.

No comments:
Post a Comment