I am currently working in the reading room of the State Archives.
I like this job. And everytime I come back I realize how much I missed it.
For instance:
I miss the strange researchers who travel across the country (or in some cases, across the world!) to read long dead relative's obituaries.
I miss explaining the 30 year old microfilm reading machines to 70-some year olds who always explain to me in their old people voices, "I don't understand these computer things like you young people do."
...
So you can imagine the hilarity that ensues when I try to explain ACTUAL computers to these oldies.
Which leads me to my next point...
I miss doing old people's computer/internet research and the praise I receive for properly utilizing Google. "Oh, young lady, you must have gone to college! You're so smart! And pretty!"
I however do NOT miss making copies for people.
This woman has been told TWICE today that there is a limit of 25 copies and yet I have made a total of 123 copies for her today. What a Queen Bitch!?
That and I'm a pushover.
Oh well.
Just another day at the ND Historical Society. *la sigh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment