So, I saw a commercial on Lifetime for the movie The Messengers. I was shocked for two reasons: this movie has nothing to do with domestic abuse, teenage pregnancy, or breast cancer, AND this movie is about North Dakota.
I explained this fact to my mom, who was uninterested, ending my commentary with, "Well, I blogged about it once."
So, I thought I'd repost the post. Here ya' go.
originally posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2007 at 11:12pm
_______________________________________________________
I'm sure ya'll seen the movie previews for the film "The Messengers". It's been all over TV (or at least the stations I've been watching; MTV, AZN, the IU movie channel and CW).
I'm sure you all know that it's a movie about kids being able to see ghosts, and ghosts terrorizing some family, and a bunch of scary shit going down.
BUT, I bet few (or none) of you knew that this film is set in NORTH DAKOTA!
FINALLY!...
A movie that explains my childhood, properly.
I thought "Hocus Pocus" was the closest I was going to get to a film representation of my developmental years. (I was not one blessed with a Lifetime film about my abusive parents, teenage pregnancy, and kidnapping)
Little did I know that the master minds down at Ghost House Pictures were going to make such a fancy film about a North Dakota sunflower farm and kids and ghosts.
That's my childhood, minus the sunflower farm.
Ages 0-10 were filled with ghosts and demon possession.
Not lying.
look at my baby book.
The movie was properly named; The Messengers...sending a message to the world about North Dakota.
No longer will Nodak natives have only "Fargo" and that one movie about grandfathers and sheep and that kid from Jurrasic Park (which I think was only filmed in North Dakota) to reference when explaining their fine state.
THANK GOD for The Messengers.
If you only knew how haunted North Dakota really is.
So...go see it.
OR
at least watch the trailer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE_3FJfl_S0
THANKS!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment