Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

09 September 2008

Heart Burn.

My heart hurts rather a lot right now.
Which is strange.
Because I am abnormally happy.
Today was orientation.
I was introduced to lots and lots of international students.
We chatted. Listened to chats. Learned about international student organizations. Awesome trips we can go on (Oktoberfest, St. Moritz, etc). Got a free pen. Got free coffee. Was served a fruity alcoholic beverage at school. Which is weird to me.
I must remember to add school to my list of places where I was served alcohol and it was strange. School will be added right behind church (white wine, champagne, and breakfast food at 11:30am after mass last Sunday, I love Italy).
I mean, overall, today was a good day.
Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore is BEAUTIFUL. Like, 14th century Monastery beautiful.
And the people are great. Everyone I met is just sassy.
So, after hours and hours (it seemed) of UCSC, I went home and ate a brief supper. Then dressed to go out.
We went to LOTVS, errr... something along those lines. On Viale Monte Grappa (which is accessed via the SKETCHIEST metro stop EVER), not that it means anything...
Here we were treated to a free supper and discounted drinks and free champagne.
Here I met MORE people.
And ran into David Benedict, a guy I met at the Consulate in Chicago in May (pleasant surprise!)
We ate. We drank. We danced. We laughed.
We planned a party for Friday night.
And yet... I come home and feel like warmed over death.
My meat went bad in the fridge.
And I am trying to edit senior photos without my graphic tablet.
I had a too brief convo with my sister.
And have to get up early again tomorrow.
BE POSITIVE!!!!!
The friends I am making here are great. honestly. I love them.
So, thank God for that.
Jordan Regan has been doing his best to cheer me from afar. And I think he does it mostly without realizing it. I (heart) him. A friend of his is here in Milan, Mr. Trees (I absolutely LOVE his surname) and I plan on testing my Italian cooking on him one of these days...
He also revealed his plot to obtain a job here, so I applied as well.
Ah ha!
So, thanks, I guess, Andrew.
Anywhooooo....

See? Overall, everything is AWESOME. I just need to shake this "still-adjusting" feeling. Because I'm pretty well adjusted.

Italian language course orientation tomorrow.
First day of class and Ikea on Thursday.
Second day of class and Party on Friday.
Torino on Saturday.
Mass and relaxation on Sunday.
The rest of my life next week...?
Possibly.
Check back, we'll see what becomes of me.

With Love.
Annie

1 comment:

jordan said...

i'm so excited for you.

and i'm glad you update your blog. blogs are grand.

MORE VIDEO BLOGS!