Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

25 September 2008

Leo Ortolani presents: RATMAN

I'm in a crappy mood. So, in an attempt to cheer myself I will write about the fab last week or so...
So, this is not only for your information, but also my well-being:

First and Foremost, my short trip to Ireland was magical. Chelsea and I saw all sorts of Irish extremes.
The comfort of having an entire Irish farm house to ourselves for one night; the discomfort of spending one night at a Starbucks at the Dublin airport.
The beauty of the Cliffs of Moher; the scariness of dark, one lane, Irish countryroads.
The luxury of driving ourselves around the entire south of Ireland; the inconvenience of having to replace two tires.

Chelsea and I explored Galway, the Cliffs of Moher, all of Country Tipperary, Limerick, Borrisleigh, Thurles, Cashel, Cork, Blarney Village, Blarney Castle, Kilkenny, BallyRagget, and Dublin.

We ate a full Irish breakfast, and enjoyed the Black and White Puddings (rice, blood, pig insides, I am told).
We kissed the Blarney stone.
Learned about Hurling from Irish high school boys.
Enjoyed "the black stuff" at a pub with awkward Irish men.
Viewed Irish countryside.
Made a wish in a fairy fort.
Spent a day exploring Dublin.
Got lost too many times to count.
Blew two tires and dented a rim!
Drove on the "wrong" side of the road.
Stayed the night on an Irish farm.
Met some of the most amazing people, most of them were retired Americans.
Shopped Shopped Shopped in Dublin.
Searched for puffins at the Cliffs of Moher.
Cruised the River Corrib.
Munched on fish and chips out of a paperbag in Kilkenny.
Bought Claddagh rings in Galway.
Fell in love with a county and people.

Ireland is amazing and its people are splendid.
We were almost sad to go home to Italy.

So. Not that I'm back and settled in I'm looking forward to starting classes next week: three courses, one Italian cooking, one Italian history, one Italian lit. Yay me!

Today, the priest at my parish bought me an Italian comic! It's called Ratboy! He says this is the best way to learn Italian. haha. We shall see.

So. Other than this. I am running lots and watching the time zoom by. 86 days until I return to the US.

So. Until next time...

http://picasaweb.google.com/Annie.Erling/IrelandSeptember2008#

Check out my Ireland photos here!!!!! They rock. I promise. I make so many dumb faces. You can also see that I actually have a friend! Her name is Chelsea Baker, she's awesome.

xoxo

Ireland September 2008

1 comment:

Andrew Trees said...

aw, you can't be already counting down your return! i'm glad to hear your ireland trip was so sweet. hope something spectacular happens to you today :)