Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

02 September 2008

Legal, Finally.

Finally, Italy has nothing on me.

I paid for my Permit to Live yesterday.
Although it was two weeks late, it is done! yay!
After 3 hours of paper work (The Italians LOVE their paper work) I was led through the streets of Milan to spend 15 euro on a revenue stamp.
I have no idea what that is, but I guess I needed it for my Permit.
I was then led to the Post Office.
After 30 minutes of waiting, I was told to fill out MORE paper work.
I then paid 20-some euro for my Permit.
And a whopping 30 euro for the envelop to hold the Permit.
No joke.
And the funny thing is I will never actually see this Permit.
It will be in Permit Purgatory for many many months, and when it FINALLY actually goes through, I will be long gone.
All I really need is the receipt the Italian at the Post Office gave me. Proving that I did indeed pay too much money for a Permit to Live in Milan.
Magical.
I love Italy and the many processes and stamps and paper works it takes to function here.

Yesterday not only brought me legality in this country, it also introduced me to two international students. Both girls from New York.
I have met 4 Americans since arriving in Milan.
One from Texas, three from New York.
And every time I meet these New Yorkites, I tell the same story: the tale of my first and only time I ever visited their fair state. Jordan Regan has had a lot of talk time here in Italy, and he's not even from New York.

My gas stove and tuna pasta is calling my name.

Much Love.
From Italia.

Annie

1 comment:

jordan said...

HONORABLE MENTION!!!