I have three of them. One history, one literature, and one Italian cooking course.
The cooking class is entirely in Italian. Which is probably going to stress me out... a lot. But, oh well. I guess. As I walked in late the professor announced that the chef who was to teach the course died in a car accident on Sunday. What a great start to the semester. ugh.
The history class is going to rock. There are lots of field trips.
And the literature class reminded me how much I dislike my English major. Gah! I wish I weren't
BUT!
I am going to see my God Mother this weekend AND next weekend, hopefully.
Exciting, I know. Siena and Roma, here I come.
hmmm.
I visited the grocery store yesterday and was, once again, amazed by the daily lives of Italians.
There are three things I love about Italian grocery stores:
1. It is one of two places where Italians are in a hurry (that, and the street). Srsly, Italian grandmas are like Formula One racers with their shopping carts. I fear for my life in the pasta aisle.
2. The simplicity of the selection. You have your produce, mostly tomatoes. You have your meats. You have your coffee and the pastries and breads that go along with coffee and pasta. And... last but not least, you have your pasta. That is all. That's all you SHOULD need. If you need anything else; move.
3. The Italian line... or lack of a line. This makes my day. Queuing is not in the Italian vocabulary. And the way they go about it amuses me. They leave their baskets in line and are gone for 10, 15, 20 minutes and expect to have their spot saved. OR, better yet, they just leave and come back when they should have been next in line and expect their spot back. I need to learn to say, "Back of the line, biotch." I think.
I was just forced to order lots of books from Amazon UK. Ugh. The cost of shipping was the cost of my books. HOW DUMB!!! But, I am still 200$ under budget for school supplies. AWESOME! That's a weekend trip someplace cute, I think.
I had my heart set on Napoli (Naples), but Rob Lindberg brought the Naples Garbage Crisis to my attention this afternoon. Google it. It's gross. Naples just got crossed off my list. I'm sad I won't get to see the Bill Clinton themed pizza parlor. Oh well.
(((((Your weekly mentioned. You are welcome, Bobby.))))))
Until next time.
xoxo.

1 comment:
Hope u don't mind: I love the way you write. Soooo funny!
Post a Comment