Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

17 September 2009

He's From Minnesota.

Overheard on the Circulator:

SCENE: Annilizzi, listening to music and reading the The National Trust for Historic Preservation's magazine (So good, by the way).

The bus is completely empty, and yet a man comes and finds the seat next to me.

MAN: (inaudible)

MAN: (inaudible)

I take my headphones out

MAN: I'm from Minnesota.

What? Was I giving out that Far North vibe?

ME: Oh! I'm from North Dakota.

MAN: We're on the bus, just going anywhere. No plans. Maybe Georgetown.

I have no idea who "we" is, because the bus only has one other person on it, and she's sitting WAY in the back.

We talk for a bit. Turns out he's in town for the National Township Convention. We share stories about his two senators. He then shares a tid bit about Al Franken.

MAN: Franken met with the Minnesota Township delegation. He said he didn't now what a township was, but he wanted to help us. I think he's smart, he just doesn't sound smart.

I giggled. And then pointed out that we were at his stop.

MAN: Oh, yeah? Thanks! Come on, honey!

He then looked to the back of the bus where a lone woman was sitting. They got off the bus together.

It was funny.

The End.

No comments: