A Lesson in Latin.
The KL's kitchen smells an awful lot like cat.
Like, worse in the kitchen than anywhere else in the house.
I always thought it was because she puts the cats' food dishes in the cupboards.
You know, so the cats can climb up into the places in which we store our food.
Totally sanitary, and the likes.
It turns out that this only ADDS to the cat smell.
The cat smell may or may not originate from the Kitty Litter Box that is hidden behind some boxes on the kitchen floor.
As I was making breakfast this morning, the Fat Cat entered. Cried for food. Upon being ignored by myself, the Fat Cat pooped in the Kitty Litter Box.
It pooped.
In front of me.
In the kitchen.
I've seen animals poop before, and it has never grossed me out. But as I stood with sliced turkey in my now clammy palm, mid-lunch preparation, I felt as if I were going to barf.
And it smelled like human waste. Not like house raised pet waste.
Then I was late for work.
Post hoc ergo propter hoc.
It's Latin.
It means, "After this, therefore because of this."
After the cat pooped, I missed my bus. Therefore, because the cat pooped I missed my bus.
Dumb cats.
Dumb Kat Lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment