Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

05 September 2009

Scrabble, for 50 Points.

I returned to Ryan's house last to the throbbing rave music of Eastern Europe. All that was missing was Ecstasy and glow sticks. (Although today Brenden did supply the house with a black light)

As the mini-party raged on Ryan and I left to join Alyssa and Aaron for a friendly game of SCRABBLE!?

I learned last night that I'm really bad at this game.

I wanted to spell words like DAD and LIME. Ryan wanted to spell words like PARALLELOGRAM and CASHMERE.
Every time he threw down a complicated word instead of my simple ones I'd ask, "Oh, was that word on the SAT?"

Ryan did happen to throw down JEW at one point. Which I guess you can't use, because it is a proper noun. But Alyssa and Aaron didn't challenge it. Most likely because they ALSO built the word JEW from the J in our JEW.

I'm pretty sure, at the end of the night, Alyssa and Aaron won.
I'm so bad. But I'm good at other things...


Like looking good. And answering phones at the Senator's office.

No comments: