Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

20 August 2009

Dumb.

Dear Reader,

Once again, sorry.

Ugh. This has been two X-treme weeks. I'm kind of excited. But mostly tired.

First of all, an update about work:

Well, in case ya'll are just tuning in, I work for a Senator on The Hill... in Washington, DC. It's not glamorous, trust me.
I love it so far, minus one thing:


Anyways...

Other than jerks-as-fellow-interns, work rocks! I love the staffers. Everyone seems to like me and trust me. Which is good.
I've spent the past three days harassing the LA (Legislative Assistant) and the Air Force Fellow who work on Defense. I'm trying to get them to pass projects and tasks onto me. It'll be interesting to learn about Defense issues and foreign affairs stuff. Hopefully once the Senate is back in session I'll be busy with fun and important things.

Until then I'll sort mail and take phone calls.
To get an idea of what that's like:

"I'm old. Listen to me yell about health care. I'M NOT EVEN FROM YOUR STATE."

In other news...

I've finally gotten "settled" in my new "home".
The woman I'm renting from is a WHACK JOB!
She has cats and is a control freak and gets upset when I don't tell her where I'm going AND she rearranged my room today.

I'm planning on getting the HELL out of here ASAP!

I spent the entire evening at Ryan's empty house. If any of his roommates are reading this: I mopped your kitchen and cleaned your nasty-ass dining room table. So don't be mad.

Ok. I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I'm taking the train to Pottstown and then Ry and I are off to New York City on Saturday morning. YAY!

Good night.

No comments: