Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

29 August 2009

Happiness.

I'm happy.

Federico made Ryan and I espresso this morning.
I sat on the couch with my computer in my lap, reading the "Intern Blog" and listening to Ryan and two of his roommates chat excitedly about plans for this house.
It's adorable.
Their first off campus living situation, six boys, three of them with rowing tunnel vision, three walking away from summer internships with full-time job offers, six ready to party, and Ryan... a good mix of both, minus the job offer.

This will be a good year.

Pre-season races to watch from the shore.
Kegs in the backyard.
Double birthday party already planned.
Movie projector.
Beach cruiser.
And a job I love.
Not to mention my boyfriend... mere blocks away.
Like Milano, but better.

And suddenly, my lack of money doesn't stress me out.
And suddenly, the Kat Lady's house is quiet and relaxing.
And suddenly, home doesn't feel too terribly far away.

I'm happy.

No comments: