I have a bone to pick with Garmin, the creator of a very popular navigational system.
These things have become a necessary evil in my life
Two Things:
1. They are rather vague. I need clear and concise directions, I don't do well with "Turn kind of right in about 200 feet, maybe."
Garmin might as well be telling me, "Follow your gut on this one."
The Garmin will shout last minute directions at me (NOW! TURN NOW! *ding ding*), I'll miss the turn, and then it'll take 5 minutes to recalculate while I've gotten myself stuck in DC traffic.
I got so angry at the Garmin yesterday that I wanted to throw it through my windshield. I then realized that if I did this I'd be totally helpless.
Damn you, Garmin, you have me within your grasp.
It's like a drug, or a Sugar Daddy.
You learn to depend on it, and then suddenly you realize you can't drive three blocks without a British woman whispering vague directions in your ear, "Annie, dawwwling, maybe turn left on a street that looks like the one you want."
ALSO...
2. The Garmin has a thing with routing me through DC ghettos. Let me remind you, Garmin, I'd rather not get Drive-By-SHOT!
Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment