Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

13 August 2009

Hello, Home of the Free.

Am currently writing from Sterling, VA. Am waiting to hop in the car and skiddaddle to Alexandria, VA. I have a 2nd-Job interview this morning, quickly followed by some District touring. Yay.

I'm in a hurry so I'll quickly update about last night.

After moving in last night (a huge update which will wait until later) my mom and I navigated (successfully!) through the streets of DC to Rob Lindberg's apartment at Dupont Circle.

We then headed to Georgetown where Rob, my mom, and I found a nice a table and ordered good beers. When the waiter showed up I asked, "I want to order this beer that is specific to the Tombs, I can't remember the name."
The waiter replied, "Busch lighttttt...?"
Rob added, "Oh, I thought Busch Light was specific to my dorm room."

We kicked butt at trivia and I spent a huge majority of the night feeling popular. I ran into one guy I knew, one I knew through facebook... and still greeted him.

The Tombs and driving my own car in DC makes me cool. Ask anyone.

More later.

No comments: