Getting Directions.

"Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here," asked Alice. "That depends a good deal on where you want to get," said the Cat.

30 August 2009

Junior High.

Last night was a blast from the past.
A trippy flashback to junior high.
Raging hormones and name-calling included.

Ryan and his housemates throw a little shindig. They bought a keg and destroyed the integrity of a watermelon by dumping vodka into its fruit.
Ryan and I retrieved the keg. I helped to clean. Left for supper and returned to a small group of girls ready to get their drunk faces on.
(Oh, I LOVE COLLEGE!)

I introduced myself. Gently explaining that no I'm not a student, I graduated, and not from Georgetown. They weren't too concerned.
(Oh, TAP THE KEG!)

But as the night wore on, I was introduced to more and more girls who increasingly became more and more obnoxious.

Ryan would preface introductions by saying, "She can be mean to some people, but she's nice to me."
Oh, good.

Hitler was nice to the Aryans... The Klu Klux Klan are nice to white people...

And while this might be an EXTREME example, it's somewhat valid.

These girls row. And they have to be a certain weight to do so. They work hard, they make weight, they are part of a close-knit team. And this all turns into negative party atmosphere for me.

Skinny, athletic girls in tight mini-mini skirts doing pull-ups on my boyfriends pull-up bar. All chatting together in secret crew code, looking over their shoulders at me.

Pleasant.

I love college.

It'd all be fine and dandy if it were avoidable (it's not).
And if I wasn't nearly 23 years old, a college graduate, and an up and coming (hopefully) professional.

The low point of the night was 15 freshmen girls filing into Ryan house, one at a time. Looks of shock and terror on their innocent eyes.


Dumb little 18 year old bitches.
Why don't you go erg or something.

No comments: